On July 3, 2012 the Sonneveld Group (SG) has signed a contract to acquire two Polish companies, Sonneveld Sp. z o.o. and APC HOL-POL Sp. z o.o. in order to strengthen its position in Poland. The intention is to fully take over Sonneveld Sp. z o.o. and 80% of APC HOL-POL Sp. z o.o. in Q4 2012. The transaction is subject to notification and clearance from the anti- monopoly authority.
HOL-POL was established in 1992 as an independent importer and distributor of bakery and patisserie ingredients in Poland. In connection with HOL-POL’s joint venture with SG, Sonneveld Polska was established in 2006.
“With this acquisition, we are strengthening our company in several areas. We see new growth opportunities in the form of a larger sales and distribution network, increased production capacity and greater potential for combined purchasing and sharing knowledge between our companies. This acquisition makes it possible, besides the new growth opportunities in bread ingredients, to extend our product range with patisserie ingredients that will be produced in Poland but can be sold in Western Europe, " says Cees Hack, CEO/Managing Director of SG.
Sonneveld Group B.V., founded in 1956, supplies an extensive assortment of bread improvers, bread mixes and release agents. These products are supplied to both traditional as well as industrial bakers. An important share of the turnover is derived from exports to countries in Europe, the Middle East, South America and South East Asia. Sonneveld is the market leader in the Netherlands and one of the most important players in the Benelux.
Sonneveld is part of Orkla Food Ingredients, an important European player in bakery ingredients such as confectionery mixes, marzipan and margarines.
Please visit our websites for more information:
Peter Verhagen (Director Business Development)
Phone: +31 (0)653 98 40 91
- On top products for extra softness (Corporate News, 15 April 2013)
- Sonneveld publishes Sustainability Report 2012 (Corporate News, 15 April 2013)
- Cost in use advantage with Crumb Soft (Product News, 11 April 2013)
- Sonneveld achieves unannounced BRC A+ certificate again (Corporate News, 5 April 2013)
- Sonneveld has won two awards from ASDA (Corporate News, 28 March 2013)
- Renewed homepage Sonneveld website (Corporate News, 20 February 2013)
- New recipes for more inspiration (Corporate News, 14 February 2013)
- Clean Label product range (Corporate News, 13 February 2013)
- New instruction film Sonextra Marinade (Product News, 11 January 2013)
- Merry Christmas and a Sustainable New Year (Corporate News, 12 December 2012)
- Sonneveld is active at LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube! (Corporate News, 12 December 2012)
- Expansion range release agents: Divison Spray (Product News, 10 December 2012)
- Sonneveld has a new company film (Corporate News, 2 November 2012)
- Reduce waste with Sonextra Sustain (Product News, 1 November 2012)
- Sonneveld successfully achieved the unannounced AIB audit once more (Corporate News, 30 October 2012)
- Sonextra Natural Preserve: extends shelf life of bread products (Product News, 10 October 2012)
- Sonneveld now on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube! (Corporate News, 8 October 2012)
- Sonextra Marinade: from stale bread to savoury snack (Product News, 5 October 2012)
- Product introduction: Sonextra Shortening Clean Label (Product News, 4 October 2012)
- Sonneveld uses vegetable oils (Product News, 9 August 2012)
- New cutting and dividing oil: Divison 40 (Product News, 1 August 2012)
- New item: About our raw materials (Corporate News, 30 July 2012)
- Sonneveld Group purchases Sonneveld Polska and 80% of HOL-POL (Corporate News, 5 July 2012)
- Excellent release of your products with Goldwax (Product News, 13 June 2012)
- Product introduction: Proson Sarrasin (Product News, 12 June 2012)
- Sonneveld again Best Managed Company (Corporate News, 12 June 2012)